Nobody would want to visit us right now.Most of the little kids ( those 5 and under) have had this terrible cough and cold. It started the day before Christmas Eve for the twins and then made it's rounds by the day after Christmas. So to be on the safe side I took Ben in to see the
dr. that day and thankfully in spite of the terrible cough he was clear. I had to bring Isaac and Ben back to the
dr last Mon. ( Ben for shots...ugh and Isaac for a recheck on his 3rd strep throat since early Sept) Ben was still clear and Isaac was referred to the
ENT with
another strep infection. He goes to the specialist this coming Tuesday (the 6
th) Well a few days went and Ben still had this cough so wouldn't you know I was bound to return to the
dr on Fri.( in case you're counting that is the 3rd time in one week, not counting the phone calls on the "off" days) with Eric who had an enlarged Lymph Node so I asked the doc to please listen to Ben
again and now she heard something. I was sent to outpatient to have an
xray and RSV test done on him, which later came back positive for RSV. Eric was
ok he didn't have strep or anything but if he still has this thing tomorrow he has to get blood work done.
So I have Ben, Isaac and Caleb on breathing treatments twice a day. Tomorrow the kids go back to school, 16 days flew by. I just hope that they don't bring home any new illnesses!
So please be in prayer that God will heal our kids and quickly.
Specifically~ Isaac~ that he won't need surgery
Ben~ that he will be cured from RSV soon
Eric~ lymph node will shrink and blood work won't be needed tomorrow

Ben taking his treatment( and actually doesn't mind the noise it makes)
3 comments:
I will be praying for you!! You must be exhausted! I will keep checking your blog for updates on the kidos. Can't imagine with 8 kids. We did the strep thing in november and croup and ear infections christmas. hope everyone gets better SOON! happy new year. sara
Yikes Rachel!! Is Ben on antibiotics or something? Joshua has been on breathing treatments for a cough, but he only gets one bad spell - usually right at bedtime or during the middle of the night. Then we do a treatment, and within a few minutes, he's done. No other symptoms than that - thankfully. I will be praying for you!
Thanks for your prayers,Sara and Kristy! I have to go and get Eric's blood work after all and Isaac has that appt. tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes! And Kristy, No. They said that RSV is not anything that antibiotics would get rid of. It's one of those"let it run it's course" things.
Post a Comment