Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day at the Beach

We took the kids to the beach this weekend. It was nice, we haven't been since the summer of Katrina. Things look different there but they have bounced back quickly all things considering. As for Marine Life I guess they have yet to rebuild but from what we saw today there is no need. The kids and Ronnie caught guppies & crabs ( which we did throw back into the water). Then there was a jellyfish and the thing that looked similar to a stingray. I am sure it wasn't b/c when we turned it over it resembled a crab. People were coming over to see all that we attracted and that included the beach patrol! We asked them if they knew what it was, I am still not sure if he was joking when he called it an armadillo crab!

We decided that the water had become somewhat dangerous after the Armadillo Crab and decided to go home. But we did have a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I have been wanting to take the kids - maybe this coming weekend. I must say though, that after reading your post, I'm not going into the water! I don't want them in it either, but hate to go the whole summer without going.

Christie said...

It's a horseshoe crab. Growing up in FL, we ran into them a lot! Glad you had fun.

Rachel said...

Thanks Christie! I tried to research it, but could not find anything! Now I can share with the family!!!