Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Birthdays and Beginnings

The last week has been crazy! Matt and Ronnie both celebrated birthdays and everyone here is getting ready to begin the school year. Matt is now 14 and all he talks about is next year when he can drive. He continues to make mention of his "dream car". Which is a corvette, by the way! I told him that we all have dreams and that it is ok to do so!!!! He is also getting anxious about starting his freshman year in high school.( I cannot believe I am here ALREADY, where does the time go)Though I am sure he (we) will be fine!
Everyone else is ready for school,too. "2 more days","1 after today" are the words that will echo in my mind today. Even as a mom, I can only describe my own feelings like that of when I was a child towards school." I am nervous, ready for the change , yet NOT ready for all the homework and assignments!" I am praying for a wonderful year ahead. When school starts you can't help but feel like you are turning your kids over to people you don't even know. That is such a hard thing. To leave on the first day of school, after dropping them off. I just want to cry for them. Do they feel abandoned, scared, lonely? All of the sudden, since summer is now over and you are not with them every hour of the day, you have no idea what they may want to tell you b/c you are not there! I know I am thinking way to much into this, and my kids do great in school, but I can't help it! Ok let me say it again I am praying for a wonderful year ahead> I need to focus on the fact that God is STILL with them even when I leave this Friday. And he is EVERY where I can't be with my children. I can hear God telling me,( not audibly) "will you let go, I got this". I need to remember that, though I cannot fathom this, God cares for them more than me and better than me!
Dear Lord,
I thankyou for all of your wonderful blessings. I thankyou for these children that you have entrusted to me. I pray Lord that as school starts this week that you will be with all of us, meeting us where we are, giving us whatever we are lacking. I pray that you will be with my child's teacher and that she is the one chosen by you to suit my child best for this year. Thankyou Lord that you care enough about all these things in our lives that in comparison to your kingdom seem so tedious and worth nothing. Thankyou for all that you are and all you have and will do.
Amen

2 comments:

Kristy said...

You know I am right there with you! I could have written every word of this post! We did go meet Jalyn's teacher tonight, and she is the one Jalyn wanted - Miss Lindsay Abadie. She's young, and LSU graduate, very fun (seeming) - oh Thank You Lord!!! I told Jalyn that God knows I can only handle being stressed by one kid at a time, and Jacob is ALWAYS that kid!! I am so stressed about homework, and I think of you - and all you have to "oversee", and I can not even imagine. The twins don't have homework yet - right? What grade are they going in? First? Or only kindergarten?

Rachel said...

I am not expectng homework for the twins. I hope I am not taken by surprise!!! They wil be starting Kindergarten and actually they just go for testing on Friday and will start school next Friday.They are sooo anxious! Glad to hear about Jalyn's teacher. What a relief for you,somewhat!!!