Monday, August 18, 2008

Name please

We have had such a difficult time trying to pick a name for this new baby who is due to arrive in about 9 weeks. I fell like we have simply run out of names. Either the name that one of us picks the other doesn't like or we already know someone with that name. I have now come to terms with the fact that I don't care anymore if I already know someone with the name. If Ronnie and I agree then that is all that matters!!! We kinda agreed on Ben but you know a name for your child has to really grab you. And well,though I think it is a cute name, it doesn't grab me. So I thought of Peyton and I REALLY like it ( it grabs me) and Ronnie doesn't dislike it he simply said "that the more I say the name the more he likes it". I had to remind him that it is also a quarterback's name!! So I found myself out of no where saying" Peyton" so he would continue to like it and it would "grab him!" So a possible name is" Peyton Michael" Of course I know what will probably happen what always happens--- once he likes that name I won't. Not on purpose, I guess b/c it is not definite I keep searching and by the time he likes it I have found another name! Ashley also said to us that it is a boy or girl name so even IF the baby turns out to be a girl( she claims that nothing is 100% until the baby is born, ya gotta admire her hope!) we could still name her Peyton and all of my embroidery ( if done) I could still use. What a smart girl I have!!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I like it. It is different than your other kids names. And what more could a football loving guy from Louisiana like? Peyton?!!! Peyton Guidry - hey, with your track record of sport's stars, this one will fit right in.

C said...

Don't even want to think about Alex going to school! I took one breath, and he is a year old almost! Crazy, and makes me feel older faster!