Monday, July 14, 2008

Back to "Normal"

I feel like life has just today turned back to normal again. We had a very long,hot but none the less wonderful week. It was the World Series for Jacob. Ronnie was off of work for 10 days, my mom was here and we had ball games ALL week long. Jacob and his team ended up coming in 3rd place which they were very depressed about, they won State a few weeks ago and won the World Series last year and they are a very good team and had a great All-Star season! But as you can tell on Jacob's face 3 rd place was not good enough for him. I think they are awesome and did a wonderful job, they played their hearts out in this extreme heat!



Of course the week wasn't complete without going to the dr ( Isaac had an ear infection) and then Caleb caught the stomache bug that according to my dr is going around right now, but thankfully it only lasts 12 hours!
My mom left Friday,and she was a great help. She stayed home with the kids when Jacob had a game so that I can, for once, enjoy the games without visiting the concessions 20 times during a game or hearing" I'm hot" or "is it over yet?'"She was great! Thanks mom!!!

Ronnie went back to work today and I am surprisingly sad about it. Normally it is a nice change for him to go back to work but it was also nice having him home!

So while baseball is over for now, Matt and Jake are still in summer basketball, Matt is practicing football at his school and we just signed Ashley,Isaac and Eric up for soccer. Jake's football sign ups are this weekend! So we will be busy all to soon again with sports, so I will enjoy the "break"!!!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Break? When is that? Girl - you are living my husbands dream, but it does sound awefully hectic. Congratulations on Jacob's World Series! That is great. Oh, I know what you mean about Ronnie going back to work - when Clay is off for several days - I want life to return to normal in some ways, but it does really make me sad. I'm glad he got to be home for so long - I know that is rare for him.