Saturday, June 28, 2008

It was a set up


Last night, Ronnie and I were having a conversation ( a very rare thing before 9:30 these days) in the dining room. A few moments later , with my "mommy radar" I heard cabinet drawers open from the bathroom. This is someting else I have been having trouble with Caleb with. He loves going in the bathroom and playing, in the toilet , in the drawers or whatever he can get those tiny little hands on. So I have made it my pet peave to tell the kids to close the bathroom door behind them, I will even check it out throughout the day. If you know me pretty well, you know that I have just a touch of OCD :)

So when I heard the drawers slamming last night I immediately thought "Caleb", since he was not in the room with us at that moment, another rare thing! So I, without a thought in my head dropped the conversation, and took off running! Now I hate toys in the living room. You would not think that this would be an issue for me seeing I have 7 kids but it is. Well Caleb had brought in a toy, I didn't know or else I would have either picked it up or at least not have stepped on it as I was running just bringing myself to the ground!!!! I am not sure I have taken a fall like that since I was a child! Even through agonizing pain, I still hollared "Where is Caleb?" Wouldn't you know, he was with Ashley playing in his room! The child was never even in the bathroom, it was Luke brushing his teeth!!! I just thought ok this feels like a "set up"! Caleb brought out the toy left it in just the right place then a noise was made as if from him! I don't really think that a 15 month old can set that up, but do you see the coincidence?

I spent the rest of the evening on the sofa with my foot propped up with ice and a heating pad! I knew that the baby inside of me was ok cause he never stopped moving! Still moving this morning,too! I can walk this morning I am just a little sore.

3 comments:

C said...

It must be the week of falls. I steeped over a baby gate thinking I had cleared it. Well, I had NOT! It just hurts worse to fall like that than when I was a kid. Ouch! I am sore in various places. Made me feel clumbsy and OLD! I will also invest in more of those that have doors!

Kristy said...

Yes, it must be a week of injuries. I was running out to my car barefoot, and ran past the cement curbing next to my sidewalk, well, my toe (next to the pinky toe) hit the curbing so hard. If I was a child, I would have been screaming and crying. I wasn't sure if I broke it or not, but it is purple and painful.

C said...

Hey Kristy, I did the same thing to the same toe only one a piece of furniture. It has been a month and a half, and it still has a bump and is sore!