Monday, June 9, 2008

Off To Camp

Well this morning I sent my baby ( he's almost 14) off to youth camp. I cried my eyes out as I watched him leave on that big bus along with all of the other youth from our church! I did make him go, so you would think I wouldn't be so upset. He is the one that didn't want to go but I just know that he will have so much fun when he gets there! I almost changed my mind yesterday as we were packing his things. But you have to hold yourself together and let them go sometimes. I am just not use to being away from my kids, I guess this is something I need to get use to as the years roll on! I can't wait til he gets home and hopefully tells me how much fun he had!!! More importantly I pray that the Holy Spirit will move in all of the hearts there this week, and that there will be life-changing decisions made for Christ.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I'll call you on Weds. and tell you if I am crying when Jacob leaves for Atlanta on his youth trip! I think no, but I may surprise myself! I think I will be worried about how he's doing and such. I, like you, pray that the Holy Spirit moves in his life in a big way and that he doesn't just see this trip as "having fun". I of course want him to have fun, but more than that, I want him to know Christ more!