I heard this phrase last night and it struck me. "theses are the best days of our lives, we just don't know it"
I can so relate! I often, probably everyday, think about my kids getting older and how I will one day look back on it all and regret something.
I thought back to when Ronnie and I were first married and had only one child. We lived off of red beans,ramen noodles and kool-aid. It was a treat to go and get a 2 liter from the store. We had this sofa that when you sat in it you would practically hit the floor with your bottom!! We had one car that I would take him to work in just so I could use it during the day, that is until we moved closer to his work and he just rode his bike then. As poor as I have just described that we were. We were happy! Life was actually a lot simpler. It just seemed hard. Those were some of the best days we just didn't know it! I have many more stories that I could tell like when each of our children were born or my grandmother and Ronnie's grandfather were still living or when my parents were still together. Just today I was reading my bible thinking that it is probably time for a new one ( I just hate to part with it)I turned to the front page where it said to and from. It was given to me by my parents back in 1999 and it had from mom and dad. That would be the last present that they would give me signed by the 2 of them together.( they divorced shortly after) It's stuff like that. The things or the people we take for granted.
We had a family reunion in December and all I could think of were the ones that were there at the last one just 5 yrs prior and they have since past away. I wanted to take so many pics and really indulge myself in all that were there because I wasn't sure if I would ever see them again. (This past year in 2008 we had to say good bye to 4 family members)
I guess all I am saying is that these are truly the best days of our lives. Even the hard ones! Taking time to cherish these moments with the ones you are so blessed by God to have apart of your life!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Yes, these really are the best days of our lives! Tickets and all!
Hey...I'm so glad you left me a comment. I've really enjoyed scrolling through your blog. And I really enjoyed this post. It hit home with me. My parents divorce was final on my son's first birthday (almost a year ago)...and I often think back to the last gift they gave me or the last meal we ate as a "whole" family, etc. It's so hard. So hard. Anyway...just wanted to thank you for your honest words and tell you I look forward to reading future posts!
Post a Comment