As I have mentioned before, every weekend these days have been spent at the basketball gym. But I just wanted to mention how great of a team Jacob has once again. Last year they won State and that's how far it goes for that age group ( 7 yr
old). However this year they have district,
regional, state AND nationals! So far in EVERY tournament the Dynamites( Jake's team) have left in first place! Tomorrow starts this weekends ritual and they are competing for the district title. Thankfully it is at our gym, so we will be close to home and nap time won't be an issue for the
youngins!
So here are some pics of Jake in uniform. Not the best pic quality being that we have to sit quite the distance away, but you get it!

This last on is not usual for Jake. Typically he is non stop on the court( which also makes for bad pic taking) But he was waiting down there as the other team was shooting free throws.

I know I am a little obsessed with this sports stuff but with a family that has this many kids playing a sport it makes for obsession. I grew up playing sports. I ran track, played softball,basketball and cheered. There is no wonder I really enjoy watching my kids! When I watch them playing it will sometimes take me back to that time. I find myself telling my kids" you know I played......" They always respond with" I know mom you have already told us." Guess that was ancient years ago to them. Feels like only yesterday to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment