Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Isaac and Eric go to Kindergarten

Well yesterday Isaac and Eric started Kindergarten. They were not all the excited about it. And well I had to sike myself up about too. I woke them up and and said" rise and shine little ones on your feet are you ready for school?" They replied with a very basic "ugh no". I told them that they would have lots of fun and that Kindergarten would be a great year cause they will learn how to read. ( they LOVE to learn) They got up, got dressed, ate and brushed their teeth. Then it was time for the bus. As we walked down to the bus stop, a rush of memories over-loaded my mind. Flashbacks from the moment they were born, all of their" firsts", and precious moments from the past 5 years. Where did the time go? When they were toddlers it felt like I was there FOREVER it was some rough times. But it feels like all I did was blink and those moments were gone, just like that. And being that I have other children I know that this is only the beginning and that I will"blink" again and they will be in junior high and then teenagers. I know I have talked about it before, how the times seems to fly by to fast. But it is in this passsage of time you find yourself treasuring those very moments that you thought you never would. You were just in "survival mode" getting through the day and now that it is over for some reason you ALMOST wish you could go back.
So as they got on the bus and I watched them pull away,I started to cry. I knew it was coming. And as much as I had prepared for the moment I could barely stop the tears. I love those boys. I miss them being home with me all day. But time must keep ticking and kids must grow up. I could not wait for them to get home and to hear the report of the day. The first thing Eric says is "Mom you lied to us" I asked" how?" He said" you told us we would learn how to read and we didn't" I just couldn't help but laugh. They had a good day and Isaac said " mom I know how to spell zoo,it's so easy Z-O-O, see I don't need school". Well if only that was all we needed in life, just to know how to spell zoo!!!


1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh, now you've got me crying!! It does seem like only a little while ago, they were born. I remember holding each of them at the hospital. 5 yrs! How can that be? You know when Joshua gets on that bus for kindergarten, I will be bawling like a baby! I'll probably just take him because I won't be able to bear seeing him get on the bus!