Friday, May 30, 2008

First Kiss Is Gone Forever

Last Thursday a group of us ladies were talking about silly things and our" first kiss "came up as one of the subjects. It was so strange and sad because I had to share that I actually had just learned that just that week my "first kiss" had passed away. I was reading his legacy page where people can type a short tribute. As I read one specifically I was so torn. It read " I hope you have found the peace for which you had been searching". To think and have smack dab in your face, a reminder that we have and will come in contact with people that are still searching for the peace that comes "so easy" to us Christians. Isn't it sad that so many are still searching and many die without it. I remember when my Grandmother passed away I would think to myself "wow I know someone that is now sitting at the feet of Jesus".Though I was sad about her being gone I was also rejoicing that she was with her God. But what about when someone passes that didn't know Christ, it is then even more heart breaking. We are COMMANDED to preach the gospel, and I can not tell you how many people I come in contact with each day that I could share God's word with. Oh, how I wish I could go back 15 years ago and tell my "first kiss" about the Lord. But that time has come and gone forever. I hope that I will never again pass up a chance to share God with others.
Sometimes I am so exhausted that when I go run my errands I find myself not reflecting God but rather my terrible additude or I am so preoccupied with what I need or came for that I don't even take the time to ask the cashier how she's doing. I need to remember that these 4 walls and the people in them are just the beginning. Yes I do have a ministry here at home but it can't stop here,it has to just begin here!
Share at that moment before, like your first kiss, it's gone forever!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

That is so sad, about your first kiss. Having so many family members who are not Christians is a sad reality for me. It is also sad when you share and they don't want anything to do with the great news that God can save them.
It is a sad reminder to us all when someone dies - especially when it is tragic and unexpected, that this life is so short, and we should be doing all we can while we are here to tell others of God's love and of what He has done for us.