That was the question of the day. Being at home with the little ones means going outside often. Typically when we are out I will take that opportunity to teach the kids about God and his marvelous creations!
Today was a little breezy so we talked about how even though you could not SEE the wind there was evidence all around that it was there and does exist. And how God was like that even though you cannot see his face you can see evidence that He exist everywhere.( I do realize that he is 3, I know he did not get all that I was saying but you have to start somewhere, right?!) So then he asked me “where’s God?” I did not reply with my usual response of “ in heaven” instead I said “ on His throne”. Then he asked “what is He doing?” “Looking and watching you” I replied. Luke then asked” why”. Because He loves you! He then went on his merry way,playing.
I just stood there thinking of my own words” God is on HIS THRONE, looking at me ,cause he loves me.” WOW! You know we know these things,but until you take the time to really think about them it is just knowledge. What if all day my mind and heart were set on that thought. Would I still say the same things,or act the same way? If we think people are watching us we typically change the way we talk or what we say or how we act,but everyday, all day the KING is watching me and yet I sometimes act like He is not even there.
Isn’t that just like God? I think I am teaching my kids something and God used that to remind ME of who HE is.




2 comments:
As grown ups, we tend to get into "deep" discussions about God, but sometimes it helps to remember the basics - to see God from the eyes of a child - to remember He is on His throne, and He loves us!
Wow, I hadn't even seen this post and I guess I was meant not to see it until now (when I needed to see it the most!) Thanks. :)
Post a Comment