I am not one who likes attention. I like to try to blend in with those around me. You know, so I don't stand out too much. So I had to go out in public a few times this week with all the youngins (something I try to avoid). We took a trip to Hobby Lobby one day. My plan was to run in and run out. I knew what I needed and that is the only way to shop when you have 8 children in tote. Of course Hobby Lobby is one of those stores that have all things pleasing to the eyes. Especially those of small children! The entire trip was spent saying things like " stay by me please", please don't touch", " oh my goodness how many times do I have to say the same exact thing"! Believe me I did not blend in with those around me! In fact, I could feel the glare of eyes all around me wondering what on earth was I doing taking a child's day camp on a field trip to Hobby Lobby!! We eventually made it to the car, where I think the stares may have ceased!
So you can most certainly label me as crazy when I forgot something and decided to go back the next day again with all of the kids! It was like de ja vu! Amazingly, the exact same phrases that had rambled of my tongue just 24 or so hours before were making its way of my tongue again! With blood pressure rising and patience already running thin, I was not in the mood for any more stares much less comments this time! As we looked by the greeting cards, this associate pops her head down our aisle and says " please don't touch the cards". Now first I was looking for Candid Camera crew to come waltzing out saying" smile your on candid camera" but then when was the last time that show aired? It couldn't be that! Was she joking? What on earth? So I asked her why we could not look at the cards and she says" oh, no I meant the kids". Well this did not help me mood one bit! Last I knew this was a retail store where you shop, look for items and buy them. I would never allow my children to play with the cards, rearrange them, or destroy them. However, I was totally offended and told her exactly how I felt. Not my best day, but this poor lady happened to be the straw that broke the camels back!
I have decided to keep my distance from Hobby Lobby at least til the kids return to school. Hoping maybe then she won't recognize me without my caravan with me! Or maybe I should invest in a wig! Maybe several!! That would make things a heck of a lot easier, everywhere I go!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh, my kids have all done that - grabbing whatever cute cards catch their eyes. It's hard not to let them. We've never been "scolded" thankfully, because I would not have appreciated that either! I always put them back where they got them.
Post a Comment