Tomorrow begins our first full week of school, I kinda think starting on a Friday is a bit of a tease but anyway. As I am trying to get prepared for the school week and new sleeping arrangements (which I will talk about in a minute) I find myself trying to find a new normal. This is a difficult task for me I am having a hard time. Typically, schedules just sort of happen for me but lately I find it increasingly more difficult to get into a routine. Luke still won't start school til either this Friday or next Monday so I keep telling myself to wait til then. Football is in full swing now. That means trying to squeeze homework in the afternoons with football practices and games. Matt plays for his high school, Jake for the city, and Ashley is on the dance team at her school and they have to attend and perform at their games. I need to start potty training Caleb, in the very near future. I recently moved Caleb and Ben in the same room. Caleb kept trying to climb out of the crib so he is now in the "big boy" bed. ( which is a nightmare, he never falls asleep in his bed now) Trying to get both babies to sleep can take hours, seriously! I often wonder how I ever did it with twins! My fall semester begins this coming weekend and I am taking 3 classes again. I know I said I wouldn't do that again but if I can do 3 during the summer with the kids home and pass with 3.5 GPA, I think I might be able to handle it. (Though I have heard this microbiology is hard.) But that just adds to my very long list of things I need to do and mostly on my own!
Ronnie will help when he is home, but lately that has been rare. He is so "involved" with this football stuff he is always at the fields or on the phone. I feel like football is his mistress. I know he enjoys it and I hardly say anything, but....well.....anyway....!
So I am just going to hope that a new normal will be developed very soon in this house, I am not one that can tolerate much chaos. So for all of you that read this and thought that I was "super mom" before, sorry to disappoint! So many use that phrase to me and call me "supermom". Do you know what I want to do when I hear it? Cry! Because I am not that, though I try, it seems like an unreachable title for me!




No comments:
Post a Comment